Featured Post

The Basic Plan

Hello World! 😀 Since I didn't really write about what I am planning to do yet, I thought it would be quite logic to do so now because...

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day #7 Amsterdam

Hello world ✌

After the first day here in Amsterdam was all about getting to know the city with a focus on the downtown area I decided to discover the surrounding a little bit.
My plan was having no plan 😂 I just went to Amsterdam Central and took the first Tram I saw. I just waited until some place looked interesting and then jumped off😄

First stop for me was Oosterpark: A beautiful park I stayed for about one hour. Just sitting there or walking around ramdomly and enjoying the environment.
After that I picked another Tram heading to Slotermeer which caught my attention😊 that there was a real beach with sand and a huge lake at this station... I wouldn't have expected that. Being happy about the cold water and the sunny weather I also stayed there for about 1 hour. I then just started walking again and found another Tram so I never took the same 😉 that way I was able to see as much as possible in quite a short time.

Arriving at the campsite again, I realized that I had new neighbors 😁 really cool people from Germany who welcomed me once they saw that the tent next to them was mine. I only wanted to eat something and then leave again but at the end hanged out with them for over 2h.
I can only recommend everyone planning a similar journey to stay at campsites! You'll meet the coolest, most open people only by being at least a little open too 😃 I am now travelling and camping alone for 2 years and never felt alone no matter how far away from home I have been!
We shared our food, talked about our homes, travels, hobbies and after a time even about Disney 😂 I never met them before and might never see them again but I loved having them as my neighbors 😊

In the evening I walked around downtown randomly again, sitting here and there at the channels... Just seeing where it takes me next...
Well and then a wonderful last day in Amsterdam was over and my bus to Cologne will leave tomorrow morning...
Thank you Amsterdam for a great time😊

See ya!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment